Skip to main content

New Roads

Another adventure I have been up to is driving, I started driver's ed about 3 weeks ago and what and adventure it has been. Between navigating the DMV for my permit, learning to deal with teachers and classmates that are different from what I am used too. Not to mention the actual driving, hehee that has been entertaining.
One of my first times out, there was an incident involving a Zip's parking lot, a turn lane and a learning what a drive thru lane is. Moral of story I now know what a turn lane is, everyone lived and I am sure that the guy in the drive thru wasn't in shock for long, whoops!
Last night's adventure involved a car trying to cut me off, driving in too close at the gas station,  a imaginary person in the road and hitting a porcupine. (Which I actually cried over)
What I am learning is that I am never going to be instantly perfect at something I am going to mess up. The important thing to remember is I have amazing parents here to help me learn, a class to learn in, most mistakes can be worked through and staying calm is the key.
I really acutally enjoy driving a lot, even though after classes and driving my brain usually feels like it is going to explode with information,  I get excited about learning how to plan a car trip and all the other stuff.
  I am also thankful for my Dad who is so extremely patient in teaching me, I am amazed at how calm he can be and I am thankful for my mom who is so fabulous at so many things like driving me to class, helping learn how to drive, and hugging me when I am crying my eyes out because I hit a porcupine.  Yep, God blessed me with a pretty amazing family he knew exactly who I needed.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What I am Learning as a Student Rep

    Student Representative? What's that? It is a great  role that one girl and one boy run for every year at my co-op. Last year two of my wonderful friends were elected. Rachel and Jakob did a fantastic job. They are part of the reason I decided to run for Student Rep this year.     To start this road of politics I had to write a speech. I spent some time trying to figure out what I wanted to say. I knew what I wanted to say, but I felt like I couldn't phrase it convincingly enough. In the end I decided to state a few ideas I had and not over promise. I went with the idea that we could worry about the election and then go from there with what we wanted to do as a group.     It was a fun election and in the end I was elected the girl student rep. Luke, the boy student rep won as well and he is such a great guy to work with. I have enjoyed getting to know him and sharing ideas back and forth. Luke is so funny, smart and has fantastic ideas about what ...

Travel Blog: Spring Getaway to the Farm

"Home Sweet Home is never truer, than after a trip. No matter how long or how short. No matter how good and memorable. There is nothing happier than walking through the rooms in your home, letting all the familiar things greet you. The home watched the chaos of packing and preparing for your adventure and it is there to greet the tired and exhausted you, when you come home. It watches as you unpack your bags and sink into your favorite chair and smile at the pictures. It sings you to sleep as you drift off with the happy memories of your trip." ~ Erika Laulainen  Our family just returned from a marvelous trip to my great grandparents tree farm. We went to spend some time with my Great-Grandmother and Grandparents.  We left Friday after the morning craziness of work, some school, packing, cleaning the house, and any other little chores that needed  to be finished. Loading all the suitcases, bags, and other various paraphernalia into our car, we then did a last c...

Having the Heart of Mary

  At the beginning of this glorious advent season our pastor posed this thought. "Have the heart of Mary." He did an excellent sermon on this idea and it got me going on my own study. (I love those moments when you are deeply inspired to really search and study God's word)   Mary has always been my favorite character in the Christmas story (yes aside from Jesus, but he already has my heart and now I am learning to have Mary's) These last few years I think I have paid more attention to her because she could have been close to my age. I had the fairly normal thoughts of She was planning on being married by now. I couldn't imagine being married at this point in my life. She was so brave.  Yes, all of these things are true. However, there is more to Mary as you dig deeper.   For me I had to look at Mary in a more personal light. How about this? You are young girl/woman from the line of David, living in your hometown, doing life as you always have, you are pledged to...